- The Blackberry Brain Trust: reinventing physics itself.
- Whistled languages shows brain’s flexibility. Bend over and touch your amygdala.
- Nice work! Did you see the expression on my face as you touched your amygdala?
- Mars: just the facts Ma’am.
- Major climate change occurred 5,200 years ago. Right about the time that…
- More on strange animal behaviour prior to the tsunami. Will be interesting to see that satellite tracking data from the elephants mentioned in the article.
- U.S. is far more vulnerable to tsunamis than Asia. More here on the imminent ‘15 minute threat‘. Still dreaming of that beach house in Cali? See you down in Arizona Bay…
- Controversial study asks whether an Atlantic Coast tsunami is also a possibility.
- Sounds like a good time to sell up and move inland – why not go for Biosphere 2 as your new eco-system/house.
- How did Indonesia’s indigenous tribespeople survive the tsunami?
- Whitley Strieber thinks like I do, and wonders about the correlation between recent UFO sightings and earthquakes.
- Mysterious blasts and tremors terrify Indian villages in wake of tsunami.
- A sneak peek at Spielberg’s upcoming version of War of the Worlds.
- Beastie Boy asks aliens watcha-watcha-watcha want?
- Welsh scientists lead the way in the search for extraterrestrial life.
- Scientists spot largest explosion ever seen in space. I think they should call it the ‘Not quite as big bang’.
- Part 2 of Astrobiology Magazine’s interview with Sir Martin Rees.
- Nefertiti gets a new home, but remains in Berlin. I bet Zahi’s fuming.
- Wooden henge discovered near Cheshire. ‘Cathenge’?
- The latest issue of New Scientist gives you the essential guide to 2005.
- About.com gives you the Top 10 paranormal events of 2004.
- More black panther sightings in Australia.
- Beetlejuice returns in the EVP thriller, White Noise.
- Man’s “inner voice” makes him $40 million richer. Talk to me inner voice, dammit!
- Controversy erupts over planned live TV exorcism. Somebody exorcise all the crap off my TV, please…
- Humanists and atheists prepare for war against religion in 2005.
- Is your child an advanced reader? Why not try Peter Rabbit in Egyptian hieroglyphs.
Thanks Pam and Bill.
Quote of the Day:
The regularities of nature I think of as more like habits, than as things governed by eternal mathermatical laws…