- Was the Mona Lisa the world's first stereoscopic image?
- The parish of Amesbury, which includes Stonehenge, has been continually occupied for every millennium since 8820BC, which makes it the oldest continuous UK settlement.
- Crowdfunded Satanic monument revealed.
- Beyond the machine: Sheldrake tags Dawkins as 'crypto-vitalist' in this debate on machine as body-metaphor.
- The space race is over. Nobody won.
- The archaeological dig: a thing of the past?
- Support the first English translation of a forgotten work by lucid dreaming pioneer Marquis d'Hervey de Saint Denys.
- How the 'Jesus' wife' hoax fell apart.
- The ouroboros of scientific evidence.
- Positivity resonance: the science of love.
- Saving Tinkers' Heart.
- Solving the enigma of Stonehenge, parts I and II.
- May 3rd was National Paranormal Day. Nope, didn't see that coming.
- Vampire science: young blood recharges old brains.
- Bacteria from Earth can easily colonise Mars.
- The slow death of purposeless walking.
Thanks to Kat for links
Quote of the Day:
"As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives."
Walking (Henry David Thoreau)
A summary of all the stories and news briefs posted on The Daily Grail over the past week. Feel free to share with your friends!
- News Briefs 28-04-2014 (Monday)
- The Curiosity Rover on Mars May Have Just Taken the Best Selfie Ever
- Parapsychologist Alexander Imich is Now the World's Oldest Living Man
- News Briefs 29-04-2014 (Tuesday)
- Cosmo Sheldrake - The Moss (Live at the Village)
- Hidden Miracles of the Unseen World
- Dream Telepathy Research Reborn
- News Briefs 01-05-2014 (Thursday)
- Hospice Nurses Talk About The Spiritual Experiences of the Dying
- News Briefs 02-05-2014 (Friday)
- Fast Radio Bursts (FRBs): Natural Phenomena or ET Signal?
May the fourth be with you!
"The image of the cosmos must change with the development of the mind and knowledge..."
- Exoplanet’s eight-hour day, revealed.
- A universal fossil.
- And when neutrinos collide…
- The black hole in cosmology?
- Plumbing the depths of Dulce.
- Are the comets en route?
- Solar heating 2.0?
- The oceans of Ganymede.
- The Atlantis tsunami?
- So long and thanks for all the starfish.
- Physician heal thyself… psychically?
- Virus vs. bacteria: The undersea battle.
- The light at the end of the interstellar tunnel?
- Throwing wet sand on pyramid construction.
- Sky rockets in flight… unless they're Russian.
- Tut’s tomb in 3-D.
- It’s elemental, Watson.
- Animal NDEs?
- The wane of antibiotics.
- When airlines go green.
- When ghost towns go green.
- Reading raindrops with umbrella 2.0.
- Legos go Springfield.
- This week’s proof of the looming robot revolution… Long distance bot’ love.
Quote of the Day:
“It's only when a man tames his own demons that he becomes the king of himself if not of the world.”
Rest in peace, Eddie.
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Scientists reconnect severed nerves with liquid metal.
- Johnny didn't get his gun: Locked inside your own mind.
- Scientists have built an 'off switch' for the brain --yet 1 step closer to Minority Report...
- Here's an excerpt of Rick Strassman's upcoming book DMT and the Soul of Prophecy [Amazon US & UK].
- What happens when blind people have an NDE?
- Should a chimp be allowed to sue its owner?
- Is this a video of Bigfoot spotted on a remote region of British Columbia?
- Nessie captured on sonar scanner?
- Catching smallpox… from a mummy.
- Sitting ducks: A map showing every asteroid impact larger than 1 kiloton since 2000.
- Grimerica interviews Dr. Robert Schoch: Moais, solar bursts & the breaking of scientific paradigms.
- Clocking the day length on an exo-planet.
- On the Origin of Aliens: Darwin was one of the 1st proponents of Panspermia.
- Searching for alien life could remain fruitless.
- Astronauts, Conquistadors & Springbreakers: Yours truly muses about models in alien behavior.
- Red Pill of the Day: The one ET conspiracy theory that's been proven to be REAL.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way"
Best conspiracy theory yet: NASA killed Michael Jackson…
- So what were those secret 'flying wing' aircraft spotted over Texas?
- Mysterious robotic plane has been up in space for 500 days…so what is it doing?
- Why are discoveries of habitable exoplanets bad news for the future of humanity?
- New research tries to unravel the mysteries of lucid dreaming.
- Parapsychologist Alexander Imich has become the world's oldest living man.
- The strange case of the time travel murder.
- Egypt dig may have unearthed earliest-known image of Jesus.
- Conferring sainthood on Popes is nice, but if you’re really serious you dig up their corpse and put them on trial.
- 4500-year-old Native American burial ground quietly destroyed for multimillion dollar housing development. Breaking: live video from one of the houses!
- Spark of life: Metabolic processes appear in lab without the aid of cells.
- Why are people dying, when there's another option?
- Use your illusion: Why human vision is a mathematical impossibility.
- Researchers are putting trauma patients in a state between life and death with a technique known in movies as "suspended animation".
- Do animals have near-death experiences?
- Monster marketing: Nessie is back, just in time for Scotland's big year.
- Santeria is Cuba's new favourite religion.
- Tibetan monk loses life's work after posing for selfie with London mayor Boris Johnson.
- Apple Maps adds 3D fly-over of Stonehenge.
- Was Freud right about dreams and sex all along?
- The Eye of Sauron appears over Sweden.
- Spotting bad science: is it really so easy?
- Two decades before Batman, there was Batsowl.
- Image of the Day: Curiosity Rover on Mars may have just taken the best selfie ever.
Quote of the Day:
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.
Ludwig van Beethoven
- Why habitable exoplanets are bad news.
- Will rogue geo-engineers blackmail the planet?
- Time's arrow could be explained by quantum entanglement.
- How we all could benefit from synaesthesia.
- Medieval bishop's theory resembles modern concept of multiple universes.
- Erik Davis on VALIS, P.K.D. and High Weirdness.
- The mythological origins of language diversity.
- Graham Hancock and Joe Rogan discuss Randall Carlson's paradigm changing research.
- Did Vitamin B3 come from space?
- The return of Twin Peaks (on Twitter).
- The bias of scientific materialism and the reality of paranormal experience.
- Tibetan Lama tells of UFO.
- Loch Ness monster a serpentine water deity, according to Britain's first Buddhist Lama.
- Scientists hack place memories.
- Jason Silva tells the story of storytelling.
- The Anomalous Mind Management, Abductee, Contactee Helpline: UK's first support group for people who believe they have had contact with extra-terrestrials.
- Facial recognition system that can outdo humans.
- Monkeys do math.
- The "numbers station" of YouTube.
- Occult graffiti.
Quote of the Day:
In this globalized world, it’s no longer possible for societies to collapse one by one. A collapse that we face, if there is going to be a collapse, it will be a global collapse.
A summary of all the stories and news briefs posted on The Daily Grail over the past week - check 'em out if you missed any:
- News Briefs 21-04-2014 (Monday)
- The Varieties of the UFO Experience
- Snakes Alive, It's a Real-Life Ouroboros!
- News Briefs 22-04-2014 (Tuesday)
- The XXX-Files: Is Area 69, A Brothel Near Area 51, Spying on Government Secrets?
- Total Death Experiences
- The Origins of Consciousness in the Technological Age
- News Briefs 24-04-2014 (Thursday)
- Insane Primates Jump Off Tallest Building in the World
- Woodhouse: A Monster Film That Examines the Interplay Between Belief and Skepticism
- News Briefs 25-04-2014 (Friday)
- Thinking Allowed on Channeling
Have a good weekend!
“It is not how things are in the world that is mystical, but that it exists.”
- The waters of Mars.
- A pattern of prominences.
- Spiralling downward…
- Arecibo detects distant radio burst.
- The missing link: Flying Reptile edition.
- Star light, star bright, first supernova I see tonight.
- Blind NDE study reveals universality of experience.
- Let there be light.
- Quantum time.
- The undersea universe.
- The microbial evolution of language.
- Life under glass?
- The power of garbage.
- Underwater invisibility powers activate!
- Apple copyrights 'i-hologram' to usher in SW Holo-Chess era.
- The stripes of the zebra.
- Have icerberg, will travel.
- Nano-magazines for the nanobot who has everything.
- This week’s evidence of the looming robot uprising… ‘Bot meets Leader.
Quote of the Day:
“Uttering a word is like striking a note on the keyboard of the imagination.”
- Is marijuana not as safe to your health as advocates proclaim?
- Reality Sandwich interviews celebrity ethnopharmacologist Dennis McKenna.
- Do drunk elephants suffer visions of pink humans?
- To Infinity & Beyond! Hubble's image reveals THOUSANDS of galaxies.
- Would a world government actually work?
- My Grimerican buddies & I had a blast chatting with Dr. Christopher Ryan, about everything from psychedelic experiences, societal collapse & the folly of Transhumanism.
- Russian ghost car appears out of nowhere. Hoax, time slip or reckless phantasm?
- One of Micah Hanks' listeners shares a strange photo with a ghostly reflection.
- Urban legends, taken to the art gallery.
- Sharks are not the 'living fossils' we think they are.
- Is Epigenetics the key behind the morphological differences between Neanderthals & modern humans?
- Are these the remains of an ancient megalithic civilization in Australia?
- 10 secret societies that shaped our modern world --Nope, not those ones…
- First Texas, now Kansas: A clearer photo of the mysterious triangular craft flying over the skies of America.
- TIGHAR has not found Amelia Earhart's plane wreckage, conclude experts.
- Red Pill of the Day: Flying to California to Hawaii --on the landing gear!
Thanks to the Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss
Quote of the Day:
“Nobody can have your psychedelic experience for you; you just have to screw your courage up and raise the cup to your lips or smoke the pipe or whatever it is and face what’s in there.”
~ Dennis McKenna
Every time I look at a clock lately it's 1:11, 2:22, 4:44, 11:11…anybody else getting glitches in the Matrix?
- Did removing lead from petrol spark a decline in crime?
- Acclaimed physicist Max Tegmark killed after being hit by a truck. Oh wait, wrong universe.
- Is quantum turbulence the key to unlocking the mysteries of physics?
- 12 years ago, Jason Padgett was king-hit in a bar. It gave him the ‘superpower’ of seeing mathematical patterns in the world.
- Life too slow to see.
- Science poll shows many Americans doubt the Big Bang, global warming, and evolution.
- The lost science of Australia's indigenous people.
- Indonesian volcano emits glowing blue liquid.
- Use a thermometer? Thank alchemy.
- Will U.S. and Russian military dolphins go head to head in the Black Sea?
- Monkey maths!
- Snakes alive, it's a real-life ouroboros!
- New movie Heaven is for Real spurs conversations and controversy on near-death experiences.
- You know what's a good book about near-death experiences? This one! (C'mon, cut me some slack - I have to eat!)
- Castle museum's resident ghost photobombs family vacation photos.
- Strange signals on TV sets when saucers fly over The Washington Post.
- Does luck exist?
- Robert Bigelow appears to have grown weary of searching for alien craft, and is now building his own spaceships.
- US Air Force's secret space plane nears 500 days in orbit.
- Criminals now using drones to find and steal other criminals' cannabis crops. Welcome to the future!
- Astronauts to reveal sobering data on asteroid impacts.
- Mythical beasts and voodoo worship: photographing pagan rituals in China.
- Iron Age oddities.
Thanks David and Rick.
Quote of the Day:
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?