The Good, the Bad, & the Bat-S#!T Crazy

 

Exhibit (A) that we live in a Hyperreality...

 

So maybe with Ryan as his running mate, they could establish the building of Rapture as the base of their campaign platform? :3

http://youtu.be/I-_CLDNkv4k

 

And remember kiddies: Say NO to Splicers.

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
emlong's picture
Member since:
18 September 2007
Last activity:
25 min 54 sec

The political scene on all sides is so bogus now that I seriously worry for the country. This is how nations in serious distress behave.

red pill junkie's picture
Member since:
12 April 2007
Last activity:
17 min 43 sec

Yeah, I've been meaning to write a piece about the dangers of indefinite yellow alerts. Like a stuck yellow light which is both confusing, annoying, and ultimately dangerous since if you risk crossing it you might crash with the opposing traffic.

When you're on a state of alert that lasts too long you tend to lower your guard. You assume living in threat is normal, and you might even think you're acting normal, but beneath the surface you keep bottling up stress, until finally some breaking point will force you to blow up.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me...
It's all the rabbit SH*T you stumble over on your way down!!!

Red Pill Junkie
_______________
@red_pill_junkie

Inannawhimsey's picture
Member since:
14 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 14 weeks

If you haven't already, here is a book to help give s'more idears on that subject of yours...

---------
All that lives is holy, life delights in life.

--William Blake

LastLoup's picture
Member since:
6 April 2010
Last activity:
34 min 49 sec

sadly, clint eastwood's speech did more to damage the republicans, not because it was "weird," but because it was more out of touch with the young voters than they expected. we live in a generational divide now where half if not more "young people" do not know who eastwood is and all the amazing work he has brought to the big screen. (also he was probably trying to push his new movie a little which is probably terrible).

let's just say there is a reason why so many African Americans and women will not vote for him, despite the efforts of his wife, whom I'm sure is a nice woman, but c'mon lady you are trying to hard. Screaming "I love you women!" before your speech is even out of the gate is too much. I know some diehard republicans who are really having a hard time saying that Romney is their choice, because he isn't a good choice for the republicans, they have no good choices left. not in a world with so many open minded people such as ourselves.

then again, Clint may have actually been talking to "someone" in the chair. you never know the older you get ;)

...I forgot how I got here but everyone seems to be heading off in that direction. I hope someone brought food. I have a feeling this is going to be a long journey................

red pill junkie's picture
Member since:
12 April 2007
Last activity:
17 min 43 sec

sadly, clint eastwood's speech did more to damage the republicans, not because it was "weird," but because it was more out of touch with the young voters than they expected.

What's so sad about that? I have never felt any love or respect for the GOP. I will be forever in gratitude to Clint for this 'til the day I die.

Frankly, I think the Republicans have been in the process of a schism for some time now. The moderates keep mum because they want to win no matter what, but I'm sure many among them regret how their party has been sabotaging their own chance to reclaim the White House when they pair their nominees with these clowns —Palin, Ryan— just to appease the vociferous ultra-radicals.

Sooner or later they will have to realize that the time for a 3rd party is long overdue. I honestly thought when the Tea Party arose that this will come to be. And that actually would have been great for the Republicans, because with all the radicals migrating to the Tea Party, they would have had the chance to clean house and try to improve their public image with they younger voters —they would no longer have to hide the fact that they support Evolution like it was some mortal perversion :P

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me...
It's all the rabbit SH*T you stumble over on your way down!!!

Red Pill Junkie
_______________
@red_pill_junkie

LastLoup's picture
Member since:
6 April 2010
Last activity:
34 min 49 sec

as in I pity them. unfortunately a large number of people do not see it the way you or I do. We see it as making the GOP look bad, but they are trying to make it out as a plus. it's dreadful. i pity the GOP for being such a pathetic piece of scum, low lives that they are, they will never win by disrespecting people because they are "different." i have no love towards them at all. Palin as far as i'm concerned can move to Jupiter for all i care, especially after what she did to the wildlife in her state. clint's speech proved just how out of touch they were and it was a bad decision for them to make to choose him as a speaker.

i really think it's kind of pathetic for them to flounder around like fish out of water, and so I pity their souls for being stuck in the bodies of rich overpaid, and occasionally very racist scumbags. Granted not all Republicans are like this, and they know just how bad clint made them look (or how accurate depending on your point of view).

...I forgot how I got here but everyone seems to be heading off in that direction. I hope someone brought food. I have a feeling this is going to be a long journey................

Inannawhimsey's picture
Member since:
14 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 14 weeks

like the great Merrycan Sage Tom Robbins said:

"America is a nation of 270 million people: 100 million of them are gangsters, another 100 million are hustlers, 50 million are complete lunatics, and every single one of us is secretly in show business. Isn’t that fabulous?"

They are like no other people on Earth, a mutant breed with a mutant vision that has been uplifting more people than any other BS so far, I think ;3

I don't know why the mainstream news doesn't harp on the amazing successes that are happening...like the # of people globally living in poverty are a minority now...

---------
All that lives is holy, life delights in life.

--William Blake

LastLoup's picture
Member since:
6 April 2010
Last activity:
34 min 49 sec
Inannawhimsey wrote:

I don't know why the mainstream news doesn't harp on the amazing successes that are happening...like the # of people globally living in poverty are a minority now...

because that isn't news! if it doesn't happen in america or affect us directly it doesn't count as news in the media's eyes. even when it's a positive like that, only bad news counts because bad news effects your emotions and if you control peoples' emotions you control the world....

...I forgot how I got here but everyone seems to be heading off in that direction. I hope someone brought food. I have a feeling this is going to be a long journey................

emlong's picture
Member since:
18 September 2007
Last activity:
25 min 54 sec

Forty million Americans on food stamps and a middle class rapidly slumping into a lower class. I do not see the success.

Inannawhimsey's picture
Member since:
14 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 14 weeks

which isn't what i was writing aboot at all :3 i was writing aboot Global Poverty...the stats that i use are the ones the UN uses and they have specific definitions of what global poverty is (making $1-2$ per day)...

food stamps != poverty (though the Ewe Ess Eh and each country has their own 'poor rating for income' levels)

my wife is on food stamps and she eats like a Queen :3

you keep on fighting for what you believe in, keep on fighting the Gov't/Illumaniti/Secret Masters of Reality/Cthulhu/Bad Music Makers...

---------
All that lives is holy, life delights in life.

--William Blake

red pill junkie's picture
Member since:
12 April 2007
Last activity:
17 min 43 sec

80% of the population live with less than 10 dollars a day. Yipee.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me...
It's all the rabbit SH*T you stumble over on your way down!!!

Red Pill Junkie
_______________
@red_pill_junkie

Inannawhimsey's picture
Member since:
14 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 14 weeks

are any of your mental defensive programs (or other progams) being activated that you notice?

Related news: have fun with this. India really mistreats its citizens...hopefully it will get a better record :3

---------
All that lives is holy, life delights in life.

--William Blake

Greg H.'s picture
Member since:
12 June 2009
Last activity:
3 weeks 2 days

This is why politics should be left off of The Daily Grail. Opinions are like arm pits – we all have them and they all stink. This is about the lamest commentary possible. The Daily Grail and its commentators should hold themselves to a higher standard. When did The Daily Grail become a site for America bashing and conservatism bashing. Cases in point:

Last Loup, “i pity the GOP for being such a pathetic piece of scum, low lives that they are…I pity their souls for being stuck in the bodies of rich overpaid, and occasionally very racist scumbags.

Innawhimsey, "America is a nation of 270 million people: 100 million of them are gangsters, another 100 million are hustlers, 50 million are complete lunatics…They are like no other people on Earth, a mutant breed with a mutant vision…’

Really?...Conservatives are not inherently racists, phobic, rich or mean – those are merely labels applied by their ideological opponents. Conservatives want to retain their freedoms to live and prosper much as libertarians do – without excessive government interference, and they don’t believe in a nanny state taking care of their needs cradle to grave. Liberalism (Socialism) and Conservatism taken to their extremes both result in authoritarian states – the Nazis, USSR, and China are all socialist extremes resulting in humanitarian crises and authoritarian governments. Neither left or right are inherently superior to the other – they are only labeled that way by their proponents. The reality is a balance between the two would be the ideal, yet ideals are something striven for yet rarely if ever attained, especially when you inject human faults into the equation.

I'm done. Now go ahead and bash away, but please attempt some semblance of intellect.

Greg H.

cnnek's picture
Member since:
28 June 2006
Last activity:
1 year 28 weeks
Greg H. wrote:

"America is a nation of 270 million people: 100 million of them are gangsters, another 100 million are hustlers, 50 million are complete lunatics…They are like no other people on Earth, a mutant breed with a mutant vision…’

Greg,

I couldn't have said it better!!!

What do you think?

cnnek

{You Can Teach People How To Think Critically Or What To Think; But, You Can't Do Both! It Is Better To Teach People How To Think Critically!!!}

red pill junkie's picture
Member since:
12 April 2007
Last activity:
17 min 43 sec

Greg H. didn't wrote that, Cnnek. That was part of Inanna's comment.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me...
It's all the rabbit SH*T you stumble over on your way down!!!

Red Pill Junkie
_______________
@red_pill_junkie

cnnek's picture
Member since:
28 June 2006
Last activity:
1 year 28 weeks
red pill junkie wrote:

Greg H. didn't wrote that, Cnnek. That was part of Inanna's comment.

Red Pill

None the less, truer words were never spoken!!!

What do you think?

cnnek

{You Can Teach People How To Think Critically Or What To Think; But, You Can't Do Both! It Is Better To Teach People How To Think Critically!!!}

LastLoup's picture
Member since:
6 April 2010
Last activity:
34 min 49 sec

but some, not all, as I said, conservatives are very extreme. I live in a town that has the far right radical tea partiers everywhere. I see them protesting the DNC now as i look out the window down the street in front of the grocery store. It's kinda scary. Not all conservatives are racist, but a lot of people who are voting republican are voting for the wrong reason and it's a shame. conservatism should not become a symbol for "the old ways" or racism just as democrats should not become symbol for the "if you don't vote for Obama your racist."

but yes, we should stop talking politics. every time a large election comes our way something starts to rile us up and we should stop. it's turning all of us into jerks to each other. we should not let our choices, political or otherwise, get us into these fights. i respect everyones opinions and views even though I may not agree with them. so i'm tired of fighting.

:P

...I forgot how I got here but everyone seems to be heading off in that direction. I hope someone brought food. I have a feeling this is going to be a long journey................

red pill junkie's picture
Member since:
12 April 2007
Last activity:
17 min 43 sec

People know I don't shy away from talking politics, though I try to keep the discussion on my personal blog.

The purpose of this particular post wasn't politics per se though, but the fact that how our society is being immersed more and more into a hyperreality, where the symbol is more important than the content, and the representation more real than the actual event.

The problem I see is that people on both sides of the political spectrum are so afraid or hostile towards their 'opponents' that the only logical response they can think of is becoming more polarized and extremist, even if they don't really want to, yet they feel obliged all the same. I'm sure most Republicans are uncomfortable with all the clout the Tea Party have amassed during the past few years, and yet the system itself don't allow them to reach out and build bridges with the more centered Democrats.

Politics is too party-driven in modern democracies, and this is something that should be remedied as soon as possible.

The more vociferous are seen as the leaders simply because they're the ones who get the attention of the media, thus the moderates on either side of the fence, which comprise the majority, are felt unrepresented.

But I hold to my right to bash America whenever they're deserving of bashing. Like the War on Drugs, which has caused over 50,000 deaths in my own country, and still counting. Or how they still think they have been appointed by a higher power to be the police of the world, and the only they accomplish is arming and training their next future opponents.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me...
It's all the rabbit SH*T you stumble over on your way down!!!

Red Pill Junkie
_______________
@red_pill_junkie

Inannawhimsey's picture
Member since:
14 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 14 weeks

Greg H.,

the fullness of the article that I got the quote from is from Tom Robbins' "How do you feel about America?" which can be found in his collection of essays "Wild Ducks Flying Backward"

The reason I included it was in the positive vein; I am constantly bemused by humanity; America is no exception

You, I think, have a valuable opportunity to examine your reactions to it (the following are offered to potentially aid in personal examination with yourself and not proffered to have a DailyGrail response from you), where did your reactions come from, what available data was there, did the words that I wrote actually cause your reaction, why did you choose to react (if indeed you had any choice at all) in the way you did out of all the possibilities, what parts of your reaction did you create, why did you choose to be offended and so forth

The fuller Tom Robbins article is pasted below:

"America is a nation of 270 million people. 100 million of them are gangsters, another 100 million are hustlers, 50 million are complete lunatics, and every single one is secretly in show business. Isn’t that fabulous? I mean, how could you fail to have a good time in a country like that?

I could live literally anywhere in the world and do what I do, so, obviously, I live in America by choice – not for any patriotic or financial reasons necessarily, but because it’s so interesting there. America may be the least boring country on earth, and this despite the fact that the dullards on the religious right and the dullards on the academic left (the two faces of Yankee patriotism) seem to be in competition to see who can do the most to promote homogenization and institutionalized mediocrity.

It won’t work. In America, the chronically wild, persistently haywire, strongly individualistic, surprisingly good-humored, flamboyant con-man hoopla is simply bigger than all of them.

2005: NOTE: The preceding was written several years before the military-industrial complex first seized and then cemented total control of the U.S. government, a coup d’êtat that would have failed without the active assistance of a rapidly growing population of fearful, non-thinking dupes: ‘true believers’ dumbed down and almost comically manipulated by their media, their church, and their state. So be it. Freedom has long proved too heady an elixir for America’s masses, weakened and confused as they are by conflicting commitments to puritanical morality and salacious greed.

In the wake of the recent takeover, our prevailing national madness has been ratcheting steadily skyward: the pious semi-literates in the conservative camp tremble and crow, the educated martyrs in the progressive sector writhe and fume. It’s a grand show, from a cosmic perspective, though enjoyment of the spectacle is blunted by the havoc being wreaked on nature and by the developmental abuse inflicted on children.

We must bear in mind, however, that the central dynamic of our race has never been a conflict between good and evil but rather between enlightenment and ignorance. Ignorance makes the headlines, wins the medals, doles out the punishment, jingles the coin, yet in its clandestine cubbyholes (and occasionally on the public stage) enlightenment continues to quietly sparkle, its radiance outshining the entire disco ball of history. Its day may or may not come, but no matter. The world as it is! Life as it is! Enlightenment is its own reward."

I hope cnnek will read this more complete excerpt; not that it will change his personal religion, but that it will put his 'ra! ra! more anti-Americanism' in context :3

---------
All that lives is holy, life delights in life.

--William Blake

Greg H.'s picture
Member since:
12 June 2009
Last activity:
3 weeks 2 days

innanawhimsey wrote: "America is a nation of 270 million people. 100 million of them are gangsters, another 100 million are hustlers, 50 million are complete lunatics..." as quoted from Tom Robbins. Clearly the point of your original post was to bash America. It's a ridiculous statement as all blanket generalizations are to state of 270 million people in America, that 100 million are gangsters (presumably to mean greed driven capitalist and their ilk out to prosper bereft of moral restraint), 100 million are hustlers - meaning about the same thing, 50 million are lunatics - so insane, that leaves 20 million slightly more ethical individuals yet labeled as being in "show business" presumably meaning narcissistic and shallow - or a slap of some kind...certainly not a compliment within the context.

You ask why posting this quote bothered me? Which you orginally did outside of any other context. Because it is inane. It's not even funny or sly. It's little different than the other quote I referenced calling GOP scum. And really is not worth responding too beyond what I already have said.

I appreciate your thoughtful response Red Pill Junkie. Though I may disagree on your assessments of American and its citizens, at least you explain yourself and have articulated a basis for your beliefs.

Greg H.

red pill junkie's picture
Member since:
12 April 2007
Last activity:
17 min 43 sec

My beef, more often than not, is not with common American citizens. I don't understand things like your love for guns and the like, but I really like you guys :)

Now, your government and the actions it takes on your behalf, that's another enchilada :P

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me...
It's all the rabbit SH*T you stumble over on your way down!!!

Red Pill Junkie
_______________
@red_pill_junkie

LastLoup's picture
Member since:
6 April 2010
Last activity:
34 min 49 sec
Greg H. wrote:

You ask why posting this quote bothered me? Which you orginally did outside of any other context. Because it is inane. It's not even funny or sly. It's little different than the other quote I referenced calling GOP scum. And really is not worth responding too beyond what I already have said. .............at least you explain yourself and have articulated a basis for your beliefs.

ouch! I don't want to get in the middle of this, I'll let Innana take care of most of it, but let me reiterate that I DO NOT think all GOP are scum, just that some are very extreme in there views and they, those extremists, which can exist on both sides for the record, are rather low on the human totem pole. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but since I lack any "basis" I guess I'll go crawl back under my rock now........and sorry RPJ for participating in the ruin of your blog entry...

...I forgot how I got here but everyone seems to be heading off in that direction. I hope someone brought food. I have a feeling this is going to be a long journey................

Inannawhimsey's picture
Member since:
14 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 14 weeks

America can be considered to be a hyperreality, confusing the simulation (the USA as a Real Entity with feelings and thoughts) with reality (a bunch of people living under similar history & laws)...

---------
All that lives is holy, life delights in life.

--William Blake

Inannawhimsey's picture
Member since:
14 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 14 weeks

Greg H.,

I'm glad you are able to grok where you own sense of offense* (which does not give you any rights and by which you had not choice at all in how you reacted and how you expressed it) in this regard comes from, which involves your particular unique culture, the culture of the media you imbibe, your family upbringing, what you have been reading recently, etc etc etc

Thank you for being willing to put your BS (belief system) and culture etc out here for the rest of us to view :3

I do hope that you are able to avoid the 'gun mentality' culture that I see in sombunall Merrycans -- that of feeling so anxious that they see monsters everywhere and blame their feelings on these outside monsters and are able to avoid believing too much your idea of that bit of dirt you call America feelings that can be hurt...

See video

* and demonstrates the importance of Freedom of Speech -- I do wish that my own countryfolk would adopt that Merrycan religion...

---------
All that lives is holy, life delights in life.

--William Blake

Greg H.'s picture
Member since:
12 June 2009
Last activity:
3 weeks 2 days

inannawhimsey you are a fascinating character. Clearly you revel in your own perceived superiority typified by most leftist. Further you choose to hurl insults and attack character rather than provide substantive arguments for your beliefs. I'm curious what country you’re from since as you state all factors in our life up to this moment influence our beliefs? It is clear I am American, Los Angeles, CA actually. You hide behind a pseudonym for your commentary, surly you're not similarly ashamed of your country of origin. Please tell us so at least we have some context for your own BS (belief system) :P

Actually I too have no problem with political debate and discussion when there is an intelligent exchange of ideas… Sadly today people have become so shallow that instead it inevitable descends to the lowest denominator of name calling and attacking. No matter how artfully characterized, ridicule and slander merely betrays the insecurities of the attacker. The ad hominem attacks against the GOP, America or even myself are really no different than the skeptical communities' ad hominem attacks against paranormal researchers. James Randi and his ilk are universally disdained on the Daily Grail for their contemptuous methods and attacks, and yet aren’t the same methods employed in most political discussion in these blogs – to attack personally, to ridicule, to act contemptuous?

Raise the bar. State your position or belief. Support it with reason or facts. Write to persuade rather than attack. Is it really so hard?... Somebody once said if you have nothing good to say, then you should say nothing…difficult I know…

Greg H.

Inannawhimsey's picture
Member since:
14 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 14 weeks

Greg H.,

You should really check that paranoia, cynicism and projecting your own anxieties onto that which is not yourself.

No one can make you think or act or feel anything you don't already want to...you always have a choice

Peace, m'dear and take care of yourself :3

---------
All that lives is holy, life delights in life.

--William Blake

Inannawhimsey's picture
Member since:
14 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 14 weeks

rpj,

My wife says aboot Messr Eastwood's performance that it is a technique from acting...

I managed to see a bit of the RNC spectacle in the Ewe Ess Eh, so among Merrycan natives (well, if Western Washingtonians can be called American...) and it was interesting

I actually got to put myself in the mental state of a 'Publican and listen to part of the UFO cultist Romney's speech and I could hear and enjoy the poetry...

(i share conservative commentator David Brook's analysis that there was a lot of focus on 'me' and the individual over community...)

A funny thing happened is that when the RNC was on, our party that was going on broke up, so some went inside to watch the celebration...

And it was also funny to hear the Conservative Lutheran minister go on aboot how Romney had a false faith...

My father-in-law "is" a Republican, but he's been angry at them for quite some time now at losing their ideals...last election and this one coming up he'll be voting for Barack...

Human beings are such bizarre and wonderful creatures...

---------
All that lives is holy, life delights in life.

--William Blake

red pill junkie's picture
Member since:
12 April 2007
Last activity:
17 min 43 sec

Ah. So you married one of them 'Merrycans, did you now? ;)

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me...
It's all the rabbit SH*T you stumble over on your way down!!!

Red Pill Junkie
_______________
@red_pill_junkie

emlong's picture
Member since:
18 September 2007
Last activity:
25 min 54 sec

Let me reiterate - the real "gun culture" is the DHS which now has a standing order for 750 million rounds of "mankiller" 40 caliber hollowpoint ammunition. it is all sweetnes and light to say we should not be hung up about guns, but the people who are taking over our culture are very much hung up about guns. the situation here is very much as it was in the beginning stages of the Third Reich. the first thing fascist regimes do is confiscate all the guns and then make sure they have a bunch of them.

red pill junkie's picture
Member since:
12 April 2007
Last activity:
17 min 43 sec

You do have the power of precognition, my friend —check out my latest response to the Haka post :P

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me...
It's all the rabbit SH*T you stumble over on your way down!!!

Red Pill Junkie
_______________
@red_pill_junkie

emlong's picture
Member since:
18 September 2007
Last activity:
25 min 54 sec

Believe it or not it is quite possible to be well defended in case some fascist groups decide to ransack your life and still not be a bloodthirsty fool. People tend to think very simplistically about these matters and pigeonhole because they are ignorant of the totality of the situation. I for instance was raised in a hunting family and I have about 6 different guns and rifles. I hate bogus false flagged wars. I hate violence. I no longer hunt now, but I will damned if I am going to start turning my guns in. One of the socially sanest countries in the world is Switzerland (which is where my relatives are from) and one of the most heavily armed citizenries is in Switzerland.It is a variation of martial arts really. I am very proficient in the use of guns but as with say a high dan in karate I do not advocate using my skills unless absolutely forced to do so in defense of myself or my family or my friends. The difference between the modern army which trains people to first and foremost have the killer's mentality and to kill blindly following commands and the precepts of the true arts of self defense is enormous. There is no comparison. People who think the two are the same are ignorant.

Inannawhimsey's picture
Member since:
14 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 14 weeks

What are your thoughts on conceal & carry in public?

---------
All that lives is holy, life delights in life.

--William Blake

emlong's picture
Member since:
18 September 2007
Last activity:
25 min 54 sec

I have no problem with it though I myself am not inspired to get such a permit. My main interest in having a few guns around the house is that they can be handy tools in some situations as when I shot a rabid skunk on my farm a couple of years ago, and in some situation in which civil society breaks down and the situation gets so chaotic that I am called to defend my home and family against other armed people in a shall we say persuasive manner. Other than that I have no admiration for guns or making big noises with guns or sport killing animals. Guns in my household are literally like tools. They are kept in a locked tool cabinet so to speak and there is no glamor in them. I don't like the sound of shooting around my farm, but then I am not a big fan of chainsaw whine either though I am very handy with one.
I mean look at what I do man - I invent ormus gathering devices, radionics devices based on orgonite, and orgonite wall plaques. What? Do you think I am some crazed gun nut by default because I happen to own some guns?

Inannawhimsey's picture
Member since:
14 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 14 weeks
emlong wrote:

I have no problem with it though I myself am not inspired to get such a permit... What? Do you think I am some crazed gun nut by default because I happen to own some guns?

*chuckle* I imagine you defending yours in a striking heroic pose armed with your various ormi and an Oxytocin-generator on your back :3

Tell me, are your views that we've been going over on guns mainstream? Or an outlier? Can you nail it down to a particular culture?

---------
All that lives is holy, life delights in life.

--William Blake

Inannawhimsey's picture
Member since:
14 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 14 weeks
red pill junkie wrote:

Ah. So you married one of them 'Merrycans, did you now? ;)

Yesh I did and I've found out a lot more aboot the local culture than I did growing up in Canada -- some of the myths that were shattered:

all Americans has a gun
all American hates the gov't
all Americans believe in Democracy
these Americans are substantially different than Canadians
all American Christians believe the same, even within the same denomination or congregation

We had a delightful small ceremony that was a mishmash of Episcopalian (my wife's religion) and other beliefs (hard for me to pin down so my wife calls me 'that heathen') -- we had such things as an apple, a pomegranite, and poetry readings and we got our hands tied with various coloured strings, each of which represented an aspect of human existence...

---------
All that lives is holy, life delights in life.

--William Blake

red pill junkie's picture
Member since:
12 April 2007
Last activity:
17 min 43 sec

LOL ;)

Well, Mazel tov to you 2 ^_^

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me...
It's all the rabbit SH*T you stumble over on your way down!!!

Red Pill Junkie
_______________
@red_pill_junkie

emlong's picture
Member since:
18 September 2007
Last activity:
25 min 54 sec

I have no idea of how "the rest of America" thinks about guns. One hears generalizations, but the issue among my friends is entirely peculiar to their situation and life experience. Most of my friends just think of guns as tools like chainsaws or lawn mowers. They grew up with them and find them awfully handy at times, but they have no "gun culture" anymore than they have a chainsaw culture.

red pill junkie's picture
Member since:
12 April 2007
Last activity:
17 min 43 sec

Well, I have no use for neither.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me...
It's all the rabbit SH*T you stumble over on your way down!!!

Red Pill Junkie
_______________
@red_pill_junkie

emlong's picture
Member since:
18 September 2007
Last activity:
25 min 54 sec

Chainsaws are a necessity in the country. I am kind of surprised you haven't started railing at them because of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

red pill junkie's picture
Member since:
12 April 2007
Last activity:
17 min 43 sec

Well, now that you mention it... ;)

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me...
It's all the rabbit SH*T you stumble over on your way down!!!

Red Pill Junkie
_______________
@red_pill_junkie

emlong's picture
Member since:
18 September 2007
Last activity:
25 min 54 sec

Uh oh, I just gave you some ammunition.