Happy New Year to all, and welcome back to the Grail for 2017...let's have some fun!
- How one man used a deck of cards to make parapsychology a science.
- When mental illness is mistaken for demonic possession.
- Scientists say your 'mind' isn't confined to your brain - or even your body.
- 11 surprising predictions for 2017 from some of the biggest names in science.
- Insect tool use? Ants craft tiny sponges to dip into honey and carry it home.
- Quantum gravity research could unearth the true nature of time.
- Ancient underwater garden discovered in Canada is at least 3800 years old.
- Hanging out with one of Indonesia's celebrity black magic sorcerers.
- The mysterious virus that could cause obesity.
- The argument against terraforming Mars.
- Did Charles Darwin's thirst for skulls contribute to the near-extinction of the Aboriginal Tasmanian people? (Spoiler: "No")
- Diving into the unthinkable cold truths of a nuclear war.
- Video of the Day: SpaceX made history in 2016.
Quote of the Day:
I was born in 1948 - just after the end of World War II in which my parents' generation had fought, and died, in a battle against intolerance, monstrous extremism and an inhuman attempt to exterminate the Jewish population of Europe. That, nearly 70 years later, we should still be seeing such evil persecution is, to me, beyond all belief. We owe it to those who suffered and died so horribly not to repeat the horrors of the past.