Happy New Year to you all! To start 2014, a look back at the year that was...
- Wired's top science stories of the year.
- Scientific American's top 10 science stories of 2013.
- And…Discover Magazine's top ten science stories of 2013.
- How 2013 looked in archaeology.
- Look! Up in the sky! It's 2013's most bizarre UFO and paranormal stories.
- The top 20 weird news stories of 2013.
- Or, check out Cosmic Log's weirdest news stories of 2013.
- What 2013's top esoteric stories mean.
- The biggest stories on io9 in 2013.
- 10 awesome new species discovered in 2013. Sadly, or happily, no Bigfoot on the list.
- A round-up of the top Bigfoot, cryptozoology, new species and other news lists of 2013.
- The top ten brain science and psychology studies of 2013.
- Bleeding Cool's 11 best graphic novels of 2013.
- The best movies of last year.
- The 20 best psychedelic videos of 2013.
- 40 astonishing photos that won awards in 2013.
- In Memoriam: Notable deaths in the skeptical and alternative communities.
- The top ten evil clown stories of 2013.
Quote of the Day:
Considering modern data, it is likely that many of the fakirs of the past, who are now known as saints, did, or to some degree did, perform the miracles that have been attributed to them. Miracles, or stunts, that were in accord with the dominant power of the period were fostered, and miracles that conflicted with [it]…were discouraged, or were savagely suppressed…And that, in the succeeding age of Materialism—or call it the Industrial Era—there is the same state of subservience to a dominant, so that young men are trained to the glory of the job, and dream and invent in fields that are likely to interest stockholders, and are schooled into thinking that all magics, except their own industrial magics, are fakes, superstitions, or newspaper yarns.
Charles Hoy Fort