By now you may be aware that I have a book for sale: Inside Dan Brown's Inferno for just $2.99. Consider yourself double-aware now...
- Five strange theories about Stonehenge.
- X-Messiah! Shape-shifting Jesus described in 1200-year-old Egyptian text.
- New study confirms Egyptian pyramids are aligned to the cardinal points with remarkable accuracy.
- Mysterious labyrinth of tunnels beneath Liverpool unearthed by volunteers. Only mysterious if you didn't read John Reppion's Darklore Volume IV article "The Mole of Edge Hill"...
- Puzzling discovery about ancient techniques of measuring star brightness.
- Earth-sized planets in habitable zones are more common than previously thought.
- Mysterious SETI signal set the rules of alien engagement.
- Curiosity rover was sent to the right place: discovers evidence for a past environment that would have been suitable for Earth-like life.
- Is the Martian moon Phobos a mined asteroid?
- There's a new comet in the sky. What does it portend?
- 'Heavily-armed sex-crazed dolphins on rampage in Black Sea' would have been close to the headline of the year. If it was real. :(
- Come to Australia instead, where we've got Yowies and Jerrawerra and Junjudees (oh my!). Learn more via Tim Binnall's interview with the man behind Weird Australia, Andrew Nicholson.
- This is what happens when you run water through a 24hz sine wave. Burn the water witch!
- The mirroring mind.
Quote of the Day:
There are some oddities in the perspective with which we see the world. The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be