- Was Noah's Ark saucer-shaped? I'm not saying it was aliens, but…
- Polynesian people used binary numbers 600 years ago.
- Study confirms that Neanderthals ritually buried their dead at least 50,000 years ago.
- Scientists make one of the biggest animal discoveries of the century: a new species of tapir has been discovered in Brazil.
- (Please) Don't Be Evil: Google buys company famous for scary military robots.
- New calculations suggest the Universe could collapse at any time. Have a happy day!
- New Stonehenge visitor centre will give a fresh perspective on the ‘inside’ of the circle.
- But druids are angry at archaeologists for the display of human remains.
- Crows could be the key to understanding alien intelligence.
- The boy whose brain could unlock autism.
- Multivitamins are a waste of money, say doctors.
- Six of the biggest holes left in our planet by flying space rocks.
- Rethinking Ancient Egyptian sky lore.
- Australian scientists grow a kidney from stem cells. After today's Ashes victory against the old country, they might want to start growing some livers, stat!
- A late entry in the 'headline of the year' contest: Swimming pool evacuated after artificial leg is mistaken for a paedophile.
- Weird science gone wrong: cheese made out of bacteria from human armpits.
- (Good) skeptic Hayley Stevens reviews my book Stop Worrying! There Probably is an Afterlife.
- Image(s) of the Day: Celebrate Philip K. Dick's birthday with mind bending art from his paperback novels.
Quote of the Day:
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Philip K. Dick