Ok, let's see if I remember how this was done --after all, I haven't written the News Briefs around here since 2012!
- While you were enjoying the holidays, someone just captured a Bigfoot --or so they claim... [More]
- The good news: First true 'Alien Earth' could be discovered this year.
- The bad news: Space travel might trigger brain damage in would-be explorers.
- One small lie for a man? Controversy over Armstrong's famous words erupts. If true, what else did he lie about?
- UFO movies galore: How aliens will invade our movie theaters in the next 2 years.
- Paper or
plastic? Mauritania bans plastic bag use.
- The future of antibiotics? Panda blood. The future of Pandas? grim [h/t Geekologie]
- La cruda: How different cultures cope with hangovers.
- Loosen the belt, bro: Being overweight might be the key to longevity. Woody was right all along!
- Study shows classroom design DOES have an effect in the performance of students [h/t Dezeen]
- Teacher's pet!! New research explains why girls do better in school.
- You realize that piracy in China has reached its peak, when the copied building will be completed before the original.
- The Apostate of Web 2.0: What turned tech guru Jaron Lanier against the digital revolution he helped to kickstart?
- Wikizardry: The 9 rules of being a wizard --written by a real wizard.
- Döppelgan-llery: Photos of strangers who look like each other [h/t Boing Boing]
- Red pill of the day: Man in the UK attacked by Oompa Loompas. This sort of news is what the Internet was meant for.
Thanks to Quetzalcóatl for being, like all Mexicans, a procrastinator.
Quote of the Day:
"A beginning is a very delicate time."
~Frank Herbert, "Dune"