- Life was found on Mars in 1976? Well, since John Carter was a flop, I guess they need to speed up the conditioning program.
- Roswell gets all the glory, but what of Socorro? Investigating New Mexico's less famous UFO site [Socorro Saucer in a Pentagon Pantry by Ray Stanford (Amazon US UK)].
- Air Canada pilot was blamed to mistake Venus for a light that was coming right at him, but the BadAstronomer doesn't buy the official explanation --Wait, what??
- Cardborosaurus Wars --or when a sea monster makes Academia go all 'Jersey Shore'.
- Not there Yeti: Renowned anthropologists Jeff Meldrum gives a new interpretation to famous Yeti tracks.
- Isolation had already doomed theTasmanian Tiger. Humans: Nature's shot of grace.
- 150 human-animal hybrids have been secretly grown in UK labs. I hope they at least give them Egyptian names.
- New archaeological evidences reveals 5,000-year-old Harappan Civilization In western India.
- Spartakette? Rare ancient statue depicts topless female gladiator.
- Dirty clouds: Apple, Amazon & Twitter need to clean up their act, sez Greenpeace.
- German physicist split the electron. If your child has a fond of breaking stuff, encourage it and he might win the Nobel some day!
- Where there's smoke there's phlogiston: 5 great scientists who believed wildly un-scientific things.
- Paranormal Legal Activity: Couple sue landlord over haunted house.
- The mind's own physician: the Dalai Lama on the healing power of meditation.
- First intelligence gene discovered. Rest of the brain regulates stupidity.
- Red pill of the day: Physicist maths his way out of a speeding ticket.
Thanks to Rick.
Quote of the Day:
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapt in awe, is as good as dead."