More than 30 years ago, CSICOP set out to influence mainstream media coverage of the strange and paranormal. Check through today's news briefs and tell me how you think they've done…
- The science of near-death: even if heaven is real, NDErs aren't seeing it.
- Apocalypse rumours have a dark side, NASA warns. And by NASA, they mean CSICOP fellow David Morrison.
- No bug-eyed monsters found on Mars - but they have found some organic compounds.
- Will a secret, private, manned mission to the Moon be announced this week?
- Mysterious radiation event of 774 might be (a little) less mysterious.
- Physicists find evidence that the Universe is a giant brain.
- Tech team zeroes in on Genghis Khan's tomb.
- Spanish shipwreck treasure unveiled for the first time.
- Will Bigfoot DNA results be accompanied by video footage of the creatures?
- The natural history of the European werewolf.
- Sirius business: Was Aleister Crowley an extraterrestrial medium?
- Why do people still see angels in the 21st century?
- To cleanse the doors of conception: psychic dreams, scientific monsters, and transcendent realities.
- That's no alien spaceship Jim…that's a Chinese lantern.
- Neuroscience fiction.
- Researchers confirm the Pinocchio Efftect: when you lie, your nose temperature rises. Someone check the nose temperature of that press release…
- Undoing the dogmas of science: a talk with Rupert Sheldrake.
- Snowflakes, up close and personal.
- Image of the Day: Orion and the pyramid. But not the pyramid you're used to seeing associated with Orion on this site…
Quote of the Day:
I was at this casino minding my own business, and this guy came up to me and said, "You're gonna have to move, you're blocking a fire exit." As though if there was a fire, I wasn't gonna run. If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.