Space. The final frontier.
- Kepler-22b first Earthlike planet confirmed in the Goldilocks Zone.
- NASA's Kepler telescope likely to find many more alien planets.
- How do newly discovered exoplanets compare to Earth?
- Online project to catalogue extrasolar planet discoveries.
- 13 billion light years from Earth, strange ultra-red galaxies exist.
- Fred Kuttner talks about Quantum Enigma (Amazon US & UK).
- Lamarck may not have been entirely wrong about evolution.
- A woolly mammoth to be cloned within 5 years? Not so fast.
- Do chemical changes in groundwater alert animals to earthquakes?
- Glowing UFO photographed near Switzlerland's Lake Constanze.
- Mysterious Waituhi Lights filmed in New Zealand.
- Why illuminating Stonehenge is an unenlightened idea.
- Bronze Age lunch of nettle stew among finds in fens.
- Jars of Plenty: ancient Greeks traded more than wine.
- Race to save ancient Buddhist site from war & Chinese mine.
- Ancient books looted during Japanese rule returned to Korea.
- Searching for the Amazon's last uncontacted tribes (Amazon US & UK).
- Guatemala reveals treasures from underwater Mayan ruins.
- Quest for Atlantis, for all your antediluvian needs.
- 19th century Egypt, painted by David Roberts.
- New Ancient Egypt exhibition at the Ashmolean Museum.
- Gallery of artifacts
lootedcollected by Egyptologist Henry Salt.
Quote of the Day:
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
~ Carl Sagan