Back from the hell of a dial-up account to bring you the 6/6/6 news...
- It's 6/6/6! Merry National Day of Slayer! News today composed with Diabolus in Musica influencing my every move...
- Dutch Christians to hold a prayer vigil throughout this diabolical date, while in Hell they are going to party like its 6/6/6.
- And what of the mark of the beast? Washington being lobbied to implant tracking chips in immigrants. And I thought the digital fingerprinting I had to go through at LAX was bullsh*t enough.
- DIY science is no longer appreciated by the Feds in America. Just ask Bob Lazar.
- Alan Boyle nips a Mars conspiracy meme in the bud on his Cosmic Log.
- British DNA study finds first descendant of Genghis Khan: a balding Miami accountant (no mention of whether he has a strange urge to wear fur hats). Douglas Adams must be chuckling in his secular atheist heaven.
- Is our Universe the product of an unlikely cosmic coincidence?
- The Independent has a review of Shroom: A cultural history of the magic mushroom by Andy Letcher (Amazon UK).
- 500 conspiracy buffs meet to seek the truth of 9/11. Bet there weren't many spooks watching on either...
- We are born with the desire to know the unknown. TDG readers even more so.
- Church attacks new film version of The Omen.
- Drinking coffee makes you more open-minded. I have visions of the CSICOP people doing to their coffee machine what the guys in Office Space did to their photocopier.
- Ancient engraved chess boards found on the Great Wall.
- UNESCO team to probe the Bosnian pyramid.
- Underwater explorer Robert Ballard is going in search of the Minoans.
- Newly found Roman mosaic is an optical illusion, which can be viewed two ways.
- Is Queen Boadicea buried at McDonalds? I can see the marketing people rubbing their hands together already.
- Native Americans recorded supernova explosion 1000 years ago.
- Ancient calendar unearthed in Peru.
- Australian aborigines were not giant killers say Sydney scientists.
- Seafood ingredient could prevent Alzheimer's.
- Scientists try to interpret horse speak. I’m hoping one of the scientists is named Wilbur.
- Dubya rallies gay marriage opponents. The dinner is a formal affair, white robes only (pointy hat optional).
- Blade Runner: The Final Cut set for limited theatrical release (and DVD) in 2007. Yummy.
Thanks Kat and Pam.
Quote of the Day:
Only by holding on to your rationality can you – um...hold on to your rationality...