From outer space to Siberia, enjoy today's news.
- The first colour-processed images of Titan's surface, with audio.
- The Huygens Probe has landed in soil that has the consistency of wet sand or clay.
- NASA's comet-busting spacecraft is out of safe-mode and operating normally.
- Models of how quickly stars evolve may have to be changed.
- Recent astrophysical discoveries suggest we should find ourselves amidst one or more extraterrestrial civilisations. UFO sightings, alien abductions, and the sheer number of stars and galaxies in our universe convinced me a long time ago.
- Planet hunter Dr Debra Fischer thinks extraterrestrial life definitely exists, but she says there are no signs aliens have visited the Earth.
- The CIA's recent explanation for UFOs is preposterous, according to Dr Bruce Maccabee.
- Blobs from outer space are invading Earth!
- What is Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos doing with Blue Origin, the secretive space exploration company he founded?
- The door to super-atom chemistry is opened.
- On a cloudy day, spray-on plastic solar cells using nanotechnology will still generate power.
- The threat of cellphone viruses looms on the horizon.
- Has the discovery of Homo Floresiensis brought credibility to Cryptozoology?
- Did a meteorite kill the dinosaurs, or were they all eaten by hungry mammals?
- A Roman statue of Atlas holds clues to the astronomy of Hipparchus, but should he be credited for being the first to catalogue the stars? Ancient Egypt, China, and many others were doing it before the Greeks.
- The mysterious Plain of Jars in Laos contains thousands of pod-like stone vessels.
- Yet another expedition to find Atlantis near the Straits of Gibraltar. I saw Atlantis in a Seven-Eleven the other night, standing next to Elvis.
- Could Atlantis be in Siberia? If not, there are still plenty of mysteries in this frozen land.
- Is there evidence of centuries-old nuclear explosions in Yakutia, Siberia?
- Seven dead sheep were found arranged in the shape of a heptagram, suggesting occult practices. Local Dungeons & Dragons club refuse to comment.
- Like an episode of Scooby Doo, an Austrian woman has been convicted after spending weeks masquerading as a ghost.
- The fascinating story of Day-Glo.
- The colour of magic: synaesthesia.
Quote of the Day:
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it..