Do you remember what you were doing 35 years ago? I bet Neil Armstrong does.
- Could this be the decade of the Moon? Didn't we do this already? Did Peggy Sue get married?
- Astronomers redate the very first marathon, based on phases of the Moon - and solve the mystery of why the very first marathon runner collapsed and died afterwards.
- Forget about that lost Beagle, NASA now plans on sending a mole to Mars.
- And NASA also announces the two latest proposals for their "New Frontiers" program.
- Is Spirit starting to fade? Mars rover being driven backwards due to a problematic front wheel.
- Rovers find that surface water existed on Mars for eons.
- Asteroid fragments on a fast collision course with Earth.
- Satellite sees sprites, jets and elves in the upper atmosphere.
- Amish clue helps scientists find genetic basis for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- Researchers create super-conducting nano-cables.
- Niacin found to be a potent brain protector against cognitive decline.
- Health alert: don't swat mosquitos, just flick them away.
- Nigerian mobile phone use drops as rumours of a killer call spread like wildfire. We need a few of those rumours ourselves I think.
- Japan seeks commercial whaling okay, to kill 3,000 Antarctic minkes. Free advice to the Japanese: just accuse the whales of having WMD, should work a treat.
- Good mothers stop monkeys going bad. Such a shame when a good monkey boy goes off the rails...
- Graham Hancock fans take note: Pre-Harappan bricks found in the Gulf of Cambay.
- Lessons from The DaVinci Code. Write a novel based on alternative history books?
- Roslyn Chapel's Apprentice Pillar to be subject of thriller play.
- Man remembers 1949 UFO sighting.
- Mysterious crop damage featured on Linda Moulton Howe's Earth Files website.
- Mystery creature lurks in Baltimore County (with pics and video).
- The 'drums' of Seneca Lake are just big methane burps. Pity the unwitting fisherman who lights a cigarette at the wrong time.
- Students use ancient system of Vedic Maths to solve the big equations.
Quote of the Day:
If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.